in

CodePrairie .NET

South Dakota .NET User Group

Ready to Launch package

Last post 01-05-2006 1:19 PM by chrisortman. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2005 1:04 PM

• JeremyJ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-08-2005
    • Kenesaw, NE
    • Posts 7

Ready to Launch package

Has anyone tried to install their copy of the VS2005 from the Ready to Launch package?  My install was running for around 2 hours and never finished it seem to get stuck installing the last component, SQL Server Express (or something like that).  I didn't think it should take that long, so I thought I would see if anyone else had tried it yet.
    Jake
  • 12-19-2005 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: Ready to Launch package

I haven't installed mine, but Jordan said he installed his without any problems...anything in event log?
  • 12-26-2005 7:39 PM In reply to

• JeremyJ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-08-2005
    • Kenesaw, NE
    • Posts 7

I never did look in the event logs.  The last time I tried installing, I started it late at night and the next morning it was still stuck on installing SQL Server Express.  I just un-installed it today so I'm going to give it another try later.  This time I going to try the typical install rather than the full install and see if I have any better luck.  It would be just my luck to get the bad copy if one existed.  I'll let you know tomorrow.

Jake
  • 12-27-2005 1:37 PM In reply to

• JeremyJ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-08-2005
    • Kenesaw, NE
    • Posts 7

The installation just hung on me again.  I tried just doing the default install this time.  When the status bar gets to the very end while installing the SQL Server Express it just stays there and never completes.  I found this in the event log which would make me think that it finished installing.  Maybe I'll try doing the custom install this time and see if I can skip installing SQL Server Express.

Product: Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English) -- Configuration completed successfully.

Jake
  • 12-28-2005 1:07 PM In reply to

• JeremyJ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-08-2005
    • Kenesaw, NE
    • Posts 7

I was finally able to get Visual Studio 2005 to install.  I had to do the custom install and unselect the SQL Server Express.  I don't know why it was having a problem installing that one.  I then went to install the SQL Standard that came with the pack and found out I'm short on memory.  The minimum requirement is 512MB and my machine only has 504MB.  Ebay here I come for some more RAM.  Why can't anything just be as easy as it's supposed to be?  I'm curious to know if anyone else has had any trouble with the install.
    Jake
  • 01-05-2006 1:19 PM In reply to

for memory might want to check out http://www.newegg.com also
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)