in

CodePrairie .NET

South Dakota .NET User Group

October Meeting - Kathleen Dollard

Last post 09-08-2007 5:37 AM by chrisortman. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2007 5:37 AM

October Meeting - Kathleen Dollard

Ineta Sponsored
    Monday October 15th, 6:30 Mitchell Tech Center

Let's extend a warm welcome to Kathleen Dollard who will be joining us as a guest speaker.

Kathleen Dollard is a consultant, author, trainer, and speaker. She’s been a Microsoft MVP since 1998, wrote “Code Generation in Microsoft .NET” (Apress) and is a regular contributor to Visual Studio Magazine. She speaks at industry conferences such as VSLive, DevConnections, and Microsoft DevDays as well as local user groups. She’s the founder and principal of GenDotNet. Her passion is helping programmers be smarter in how they develop by learning to use Visual Studio, XML related technologies, .NET languages, code generation, unit testing, and other tools to their full capacity. She’s currently working on full life cycle improvements, such as better debugging and capturing business intent in metadata and test definitions. When not working, she enjoys woodworking, snowshoeing, and kayaking depending on the outdoor temperature.

Her topic for the evening will be Rethinking Object Orientation

Decades after object orientation fundamentally altered programming, it’s still evolving, and we’re still learning to use it better. I’ll start with a review of the basic pillars of Object Oriented Design (OOD) analyzing what’s still relevant today. Building on this foundation, you’ll learn about the major technical changes to OOP design – tiers and assembly isolation, nested classes, monumental framework libraries, generics, and partial classes. I’ll take you further into good design goals for today’s OOD – discoverability, maintainability, and robustness. This creates the local implementation, but exposing it hurts long term maintainability so you’ll see how to isolate your object code through local or remote services.

I will plan to have pizza for you guys so please let me know if you can attend or not by voting on the poll. 

Will you be attending

• Yes (100%)
    • No (0%)
    • Total Votes: 11
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)