in

CodePrairie .NET

South Dakota .NET User Group

January Meeting

Last post 01-14-2008 6:45 AM by cthames. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2008 12:13 PM

January Meeting

When Monday Jan 14th 6:30 pm
    Where MTI Tech center

Topic: We're going to talk about what we'd like to do this year.

Also, for those of you who like to plan, I've booked the tech center for the 2nd monday of the month through may, so our meetings will be

Feb 11

Mar 10

Apr 14

May 12

• 01-10-2008 11:23 AM In reply to

• jordanw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2005
    • Mitchell, SD
    • Posts 3

Re: January Meeting

Since our city basketball league got moved to Monday nights, I won't be able to attend the January meeting, but plan to attend thereafter whenever possible. I've been doing a lot of work with DotNetNuke lately, and if there is interest, I'd be happy to lead a session or 2 talking about that (general overview, installing, module development, skinning, etc.)

Hopefully, I'll be finishing up my first from-scratch module within the month. I was able to code-gen (with codesmith) a good deal because of the "MVC"-like model DNN utilitizes. For this reason, it might be a decent follow-up to our recent ruby-on-rails discussions/presentations.

DNN Website - Getting Started

DNN User Groups

Good DNN Beginners Resources by Michael Washington

• 01-13-2008 7:50 PM In reply to

Chris - I am out for Monday night as well.  My dads birthday party

Of topics for the coming year I was going to suggest: (Log4Net, Mock objects, WinDbg, FxCop, ParallelFx, SSAS, Visual Studio 2008 Enhancements, LINQ to SQL, LINQ to ADO, SQL Server 2008 enhancements, Lamba BLOCKED EXPRESSION 

Some of these I have never used and am curious about learning more (Log4Net, WinDbg, LINQ), others I have used a little or started learning more about

But whatever the group comes up for with topics, I am willing to help with one of the meetings - just better count me out of any of the web developer stuff - I am interested in learning and hearing about that stuff - just afraid I won't be able to offer much to the real web developers among you but any other topic I'd be willing to help with and plan on being at most of the meetings - feel free to assign one of the group selected topics to me or post the selected topics for the year to this site and I'll volunteer for one of them

Thanks

• 01-14-2008 6:45 AM In reply to

• cthames
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-05-2007
    • Sioux Falls
    • Posts 1

I won't be there as well. Hopefully next month.

-Thames

-Thames
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)